Good morning folks!
I want to thank everyone again for the support, the shares and the opportunities of 2013. I wish you the best and look forward to us sharing more in 2014 . Look out for my 2014 wishes for good places this weekend and a very special surprise in this space tomorrow morning.
Thanks to those of you who are sharing links using #placebook and #makeyourcity; keep sharing and I’ll include a few here.
And now today’s links.
- People complain about The New York Times being completely out of focus with the rest of the world, but Paul Krugman is one of those who proves that wrong. Here he talks about the fear economy, one I know all too well, as quitting is never an option for the middle class and below, even with a savings.
- Gene Nicol in the [Raleigh] The News and Observer breaks down poverty in North Carolina. Yes, it’s bad.
- Despite the economic crunch, some artists, are still making it in New York City. How the mayor-elect has supported these small galleries and lesser-known producers in the past.
- Finally, if you have a beat down house in Greensboro, either give it up or get it fixed up. Code enforcements are starting again.
- Michael Benami Doyle (@chicagocarless) on how LA (and cities that have a similar relationship with their bus systems), can do better with their buses.
See you in 2014!